The ONE Doctoral Consortium offers a networking, learning, and research reflection opportunity to doctoral students engaged in organizations and the natural environment (ONE) research.
ONE Doctoral Consortium
78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM)
Chicago, Illinois, August 10-14, 2018
The consortium allows doctoral students at various stages of their program to engage with other like-minded students, and gain valuable mentorship from junior and senior faculty in their field. Doctoral students will have the opportunity to network with colleagues, ask candid questions to faculty, and discuss their research projects in an open environment.
In addition to students with a primary interest in environmental research, this doctoral consortium is also open for those who even if their research focuses in a field outside of ONE, their work somehow studies environmental issues.
The ONE Doctoral Consortium program combines networking sessions to meet key scholars in the ONE field with informal dialogue about each student’s research. These dialogues take place in small groups to maximize the interaction and engagement between all the students and faculty members. The program will include a session on future career opportunities and the ONE network. It will conclude with a reception that will include faculty participating in the doctoral consortium and other leading ONE researchers.
The ONE division will provide three scholarships (up to $1000 ) for applicants from developing countries with financial need. Should you wish to apply for one of these limited scholarships, please include a short statement in your application regarding your financial need and how this bursary could help you support your participation in the workshop and the AOM conference.
The ONE Doctoral Consortium will be held Friday, August 10th from 12:30 to 5:30pm followed by a social event for PhDs and faculty members (final agenda is subject to change).
The ONE faculty members that will be there to exchange ideas include:
- Oana Branzei, Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
- Mark DesJardin, HEC Paris
- Frank Figge, Kedge Business School
- Caroline Flammer, Boston University
- Tobias Hahn, ESADE Ramon Llull University
- Irene Henriques, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Steve Kennedy, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University
- Anna Kim, HEC Montreal
- Florian Lüdeke-Freund, ESCP Berlin
- Jochen Markard, ETH Zürich
- Wren Montgommery, University of Windsor
- Guido Palazzo, HEC Lausanne
- Garima Sharma, University of New Mexico
- Natalia Slawinski, Memorial University
To apply, please submit the following documents to the chair, René Bohnsack ( firstname.lastname@example.org ):
- A one-page memo stating your motivation and interest for participating in the ONE Doctoral Consortium
- A two-page research abstract containing information about the main objectives, theoretical perspective, methodological approach and expected findings of your project
- A current CV
Applications are due by April 30th, 2018. However, we will be doing rolling admissions, so earlier applications are highly encouraged as the number of participants is limited.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
With best regards,
René Bohnsack & Sylvia Grewatsch
Chairs, ONE Division Doctoral Consortium